You will be happy to know that you are not the only one out there who wants to know the ins and outs of how to tone your butt and thighs.
How often is it that you start a lower body-toning program only to find this troublesome area actually increases when your aim is to lose fat from your butt and thigh area!…Or it shrinks instead of increasing when you’re trying to create more curves.
Often the reason that you have so many difficulties attempting to lose fat around the butt and thigh area is because these areas are main storage areas for body fat. For women reducing these areas can drive you nuts! The reason for having these fat storage areas is to assist us in times of survival.
Eating the wrong food affects your butt and thigh size. If your body fat storage areas tend to be your butt and thighs you need to be very careful of the extra bits and pieces you snack on. You can bet that most of the time when you consume junky calories it will go, as they say, “straight to your thighs and butt”.
From an exercise perspective you need to know that there are workouts to
- Increase the size of your butt and thighs
- Re-shape and reduce your butt and thighs
- Tone your buttocks and thighs.
It all boils down to the way you perform your exercises, the resistance you’re using and the combinations of specific exercises that your workouts consists of.
Cardio plays an important part in reducing your butt and thighs. To decrease the size of your butt and thighs use a continual intensity style cardio program. So this would be around 45-55 minutes at a challenging pace, making sure you’re breaking a sweat.
To increase your butt and thighs try using intervals for which you perform sprint drills. Going from a lower intensity, then flat out then back to low intensity and so on for 20-25 mins.
Along with cardio it is important to incorporate resistance work into your weekly routine to shape and tone your Butt and Thighs.
If you’re pear shaped and your butt / thigh areas are much larger than your upper body you’ll need to help break down the muscle and fat in your lower body area. Your goal is to tone your buttocks and thighs and of course to also lose buttocks and thigh fat. To do this you can perform body resistance exercises such as lunges – as many as you safely can per set. Your reps per set can range from 12-15 reps per leg through to 50+ depending on how advanced you are with your leg training. Remember only do what you can!
Walking lunges are great. You don’t need to use any weights just perform the lunges until your muscles start to really burn. Do this 2-3 times per week.
Our Legs Bums & Tums class on Mondays at 5.30pm and Fridays at 6.30pm is an ideal workout to tone your butt and thighs.
To increase your thighs and butt perform squats with heavier weights and keep your reps to around 6-12 per set. Squats, lunges, wide stance squats, deadlifts are all great. And mat and floor exercises can also be incorporated.
Your workout/s and eating program work hand in hand to help stimulate your metabolism to burn body fat and help support and fuel the efforts you’re putting into re-shaping your lower body. Here are some general eating tips to get you started:
- Use brown carbs such as whole grain bread and sweet potatoes over white potato, white rice, white bread and pasta.
- Keep refined and simple carbs to a minimum.
- Cut out as many bad fats from your diet as possible.
- Don’t use fatty creamy sauces or dressings.
- If you can’t go without it – choose butter – not margarine!
- Cut fat and skin off your meat and “grill” – do not fry your meat!
- Eat decent servings of fresh fruit and veggies.
- Eat 4-6 smaller regular meals per day.
- Increase your lean protein intake such as meat, chicken, seafood, protein shakes, egg whites, whole eggs, cottage cheese. If you’re using a protein powder or shake go with low in fat, fairly low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
- Include healthy fats like avocado, nuts, olive oil, salmon.
If you would like to have a chat about your health and fitness goals simply register online for a complimentary consultation http://roguefitness.ie/fitness-personal-training-cork/comp-pt-session or call us on 021 4777538