CARROT CAKE BREAKFEAST BARS.
Serves: 16 Servings
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Silk Protein Nutmilk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup grated carrots
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup (4 oz) less-fat cream cheese, softened (use vegan cream cheese if dairy-free!)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined then fold in the shredded carrots.
- Pour oat mixture into a prepared 8x8-inch baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the carrot cake bars sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bars are cooling, mix together cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla and whip until smooth. Feel free to add a teaspoon of milk if you like a creamier frosting!
- Slice the bars into 16 pieces and drizzle the cream cheese frosting over top, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 bar • Calories: 125 • Fat: 5.9 g • Saturated Fat: 3.7 g • Carbs: 16.2 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Protein: 3.3 g • Sugar: 4.9 g